Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia, 30062
This famous KFC was originally Johnny Reb's Chick, Chuck and Shake Restaurant. The 56 feet (17 meter) tall chicken was constructed in 1963 and was reconstructed in 1993 after a storm damaged the original structure.
Flanders, Suffolk County, New York
The Big Duck was an advertising gimmick built by a farmer to sell duck eggs and other poultry. The building has been moved several times and is now located between Flanders and Hampton Bays on Long Island.
Greensburg, Kiowa County, Kansas, 67054
The Greensburg Well is water well that was designed to provide water for the Santa Fe and Rock Island railroads. It is billed as the world's largest hand-dug well, at 109 feet deep and 32 feet in diameter.
Houston, Harris County, Texas, 77010
The Houston tunnel system is a network of subterranean, climate-controlled, pedestrian walkways that links 95 full city blocks 20 feet (6 m) below Houston's downtown streets.
Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky, 40601
The floral clock in Frankfort, Kentucky, is a landmark located behind the Kentucky State Capitol. Dedicated in May 1961 by Governor Bert T. Combs, the clock was constructed as a joint project between the state government and the Garden Club of Kentucky.
This is where Benjamin Franklin lived and worked in Philadelphia. The court contains recreations of storefronts and apartments owned and run by Franklin, plus a "ghost house," a steel representation of his house. There is also an underground museum.
Jefferson County, Pennsylvania
The location of the most famous annual Groundhog's Day ceremonies. Punxsutawney Phil emerges from his temporary home on Gobbler's Knob each February 2nd, and if he sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter.
Spring Green, Sauk County, Wisconsin, 53588
The House on the Rock is a complex of architecturally unique rooms, streets, gardens, and shops. The "house" itself is atop Deer Shelter Rock in a nearby forest.
Blackfoot, Bingham County, Idaho, 83221
An educational institution celebrating both the potato and its role in the economic growth of Idaho, the museum began in 1990 and is located at the site of a former Oregon Short Line Railroad Depot.
Clark County, Nevada
The Las Vegas Strip is a stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard South known for its concentration of resort hotels and casinos. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels by room count are on the Strip, with a total of over 62,000 rooms.
Margate, New Jersey
Lucy was in such bad shape in the 1960's that she was scheduled for demolition, but the "Save Lucy" campaign raised enough money to have her restored and moved to her present location. She became a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, 68588
The Mueller Tower is a historic 84-foot (26 m) carillon tower on the campus of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was built in 1949, and it is named for alumnus Ralph S. Mueller.
Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501
The New Mexico Museum of Art is an art museum in Santa Fe governed by the state of New Mexico. It is one of four state-run museums in Santa Fe that are part of the Museum of New Mexico.
Carson City, Nevada, 89701
Ormsby House is a closed hotel and casino in Carson City, Nevada. Originally opened in 1972, it closed on October 30, 2000, for extensive renovations, and it is still closed.
Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina, 29401
Rainbow Row is the name for a series of thirteen colorful historic houses in Charleston, South Carolina. It represents the longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States.
Fargo, Cass County, North Dakota, 58103
The Roger Maris Museum is a 70-foot (21m) display case museum in West Acres Shopping Center in Fargo, North Dakota. It is dedicated as a permanent shrine to Major League Baseball player and local alumni Roger Maris.
Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico
The Sandia Peak Tramway stretches from the northeast edge of Albuquerque to Sandia Peak on the ridge line of the Sandia Mountains and has the world's third longest single span.
Seattle, King County, Washington, 98104
The Seattle Central Library is the flagship library of the Seattle Public Library system. The 11-story (185 feet or 56.9 meters high) glass and steel building in downtown Seattle, Washington was opened to the public on May 23, 2004.
Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky
The Singing Bridge (also known as the St. Clair Street bridge) is a two-lane vehicle and pedestrian bridge in Frankfort, Kentucky that is so named because of the humming sound it makes when driven over.
Zillah, Yakima County, Washington
Unique structures like this teapot were popular along America's roadways in the 1920's and 1930's. This service station building was constructed in amused memory of the Teapot Dome Scandal during the administration of Warren G. Harding.
Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina
The Battery is a landmark defensive seawall and promenade. Named for a civil-war coastal defense artillery battery at the site, it stretches along the lower shores of the Charleston peninsula, which meet here to form Charleston harbor.
San Francisco, California
About 48,000 houses in the Victorian and Edwardian styles were built in San Francisco between 1849 and 1915 (with the change from Victorian to Edwardian occurring on the death of Queen Victoria in 1901), and many were painted in bright colors.
Santa Claus, Spencer County, Indiana, 47579
The town was established in 1854 and known as Santa Fe, but in 1856, when the town was working to establish a post office, there was already a Santa Fe. Several town meetings were held, during which the name Santa Claus was selected.
Chester, Hancock County, West Virginia, 26034
Originally a giant Hires Root Beer barrel, the landmark was brought to Chester in 1938 and converted to a teapot. At the time, Chester and the surrounding communities were home to the largest pottery industry in the world.
Baker, San Bernardino County, California
This 134 feet tall electric thermometer was built in 1991 as a tribute to the record temperature of 134 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees Celsius) recorded in nearby Death Valley on July 10, 1913.