Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia31404
Bonaventure Cemetery is located on the site of a plantation originally owned by John Mullryne, whose daughter-in-law was buried on the plantation in 1802. The plantation was converted to a cemetery in 1868.
Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia31401
Florence Martus, aka "the Waving Girl", took it upon herself to be the unofficial greeter of all ships that entered and left the Port of Savannah, Georgia, between 1887 and 1931.
Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia
Forsyth Park is the largest park in Savannah. It was created in the 1840s on 10 acres (0.04 km2) of land, donated by William Hodgson. In 1851, the park was expanded and named for Georgia Governor John Forsyth.