Formerly known as "The Mosque", the theater was renamed "Landmark" because it was one of the best known buildings in Richmond.
The Landmark was constructed in 1926 to be used by the Shriners as the Acca Temple Shrine.
The theater has a seating capacity of 3,565 persons.
The building also has a 18,000 square feet ballroom that can hold 1,100 people.
According to Richmond's Department of Parks, Recration and Community Facilities, the Landmark Theater has the largest proscenium stage on the East Coast.