330 Bonaventure Road
Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia
Photo: License: Public Domain
Bonaventure Cemetery is located on the site of a plantation originally owned by John Mullryne, whose daughter-in-law was buried on the plantation in 1802. The plantation was converted to a cemetery in 1868.
Originally called Evergreen Cemetery, its name was changed to Bonaventure Cemetery in 1907.
The cemetery was featured in the book and the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt.
Bonaventure Cemetery Categories
Other Bonaventure Cemetery Resources