Landmark: United States Logo

Carpenter's Hall

320 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19106

Carpenter's Hall
Photo: License: Public Domain
Build in 1770 and owned by oldest trade guild in America, Carpenter's Hall was the site of the First Continental Congress in 1774. Today it is part of Independence National Historical Park.
Today, Carpenters' Hall is free to the public, visited annually by more than 150,000 tourists from around the world.

The structure still serves the purpose for which it was built: a meeting place for the Carpenters' Company and union meetings.

Carpenter's Hall Categories


Other Carpenter's Hall Resources

Map of the Area Around
Carpenter's Hall


Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU