Ybor City is a historic neighborhood located just northeast of downtown Tampa. It is known as Tampa's Latin Quarter. Portions of the old neighborhood have been designated as a National Historic Landmark District.
Development began in 1885 by a group of cigar manufacturers led by Vicente Martinez-Ybor.
Cigar factories were the major employers during the first half century until a decline during the Great Depression.