The Henry B. Plant Museum is housed in the 1891 Tampa Bay Hotel, now home to The University of Tampa. Its mission is to interpret the Tampa Bay Hotel at the turn of the century and the Victorian lifestyles of America's Gilded Age.
Before 1974, the museum was called the Tampa Municipal Museum.
Various rooms in the museum wing display authentic artifacts from the old hotel, many of which were purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Plant themselves on various European shopping trips.