Atlanta History Center
130 West Places Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, 30305
The Atlanta History Center was founded in 1926. It has one of the largest collections of civil war artifacts in the world, and the Swan House and Tullie Smith Farm are located here.
There are also historic gardens and houses located on the grounds.
The Museum houses the Kenan Research Center.
In 2014, the city of Atlanta announced its intentions to relocate the Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum to become part of the History Center. The museum plans to construct an expansion to house the cylindrical panoramic painting of the Civil War Battle of Atlanta, as well as the Texas locomotive, and other pieces in the Cyclorama collection. The expanded history center is planned to be completed in 2016.
Atlanta History Center Categories
Other Atlanta History Center Resources