Landmark: United States Logo

Baltimore Civil War Museum

601 S. President Street
Baltimore, Maryland, 21202

BaltimoreCivilWarMuseumBack
Photo: License: 1
Originally the President Street Station, this site and the rail line were key elements of the "underground railroad" by which many slaves escaped to the north before the Civil War.

The station was built in 1850 by the Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad (PW&B) as their Baltimore terminus.

The vacant station was restored in the 1990s, funded by a public-private partnership, and reopened in 1997 as the Baltimore Civil War Museum.

Baltimore Civil War Museum Categories


Map of the Area Around
Baltimore Civil War Museum


Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU