Landmark: United States Logo

Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum

1300 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, 60605

Externalview Adler Planetarium
Photo: http://www.tonythetiger.frih.net/ License: 1
The Adler opened in 1930 and was the first planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. Donated to the city of Chicago by Max Adler, the planetarium was an attraction at the great Chicago exposition of 1933-34.
The Adler is the only museum in the world with two full-size planetarium theaters.

Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum Categories


Other Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum Resources

Map of the Area Around
Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum


Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU