Idaho Potato Museum
130 NW Main Street
Blackfoot, Bingham County, Idaho, 83221
An educational institution celebrating both the potato and its role in the economic growth of Idaho, the museum began in 1990 and is located at the site of a former Oregon Short Line Railroad Depot.
The museum's exhibits include the world's largest potato chip, measuring 25 inches, and a timeline history of potato consumption in the U.S.
Also on display are Peruvian-made 1,600-year-old vessels that are believed to be the first containers used specifically for potato storage.
The building that currently hosts the Idaho Potato Museum was originally known as the Oregon Short Line Railroad Depot. Construction of the building began in 1903 and finished in 1913. Following completion of the depot, the building was purchased by Union Pacific Railroad.
Idaho Potato Museum Categories
A Hall of Fame acknowledging significant contributions to the potato industry is also an ongoing feature of the Idaho Potato Museum.
Other Idaho Potato Museum Resources