The Blaine House
192 State St
Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine, 04330
The Blaine House, also known as James G. Blaine House, is the official residence of the Governor of Maine and his or her family. The Executive Mansion was officially declared the residence of the Governor in 1919.
The Blaine House was donated to the State of Maine for use as a Governor's residence by Harriet Blaine Beale in 1919. The house dates back to 1833 and was built by James Hall, a retired ship's captain.
The Blaine House Categories
The Blaine House was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964, for its association with James G. Blaine, an influential political and diplomatic figure on the national state in the decades following the American Civil War.
Other The Blaine House Resources