Glen, Carroll County, New Hampshire, 03838
When it opened in 1954, Story Land had a large number of dolls and just one ride: an old fire truck. By the end of the 20th century, the park spanned some 35 acres (140,000 m2) and had over 20 rides.
Story Land was operated by the family-owned Morrell Corporation from 1954 to 2007. After Stoney Morrell, son of the original owners, died, the park was sold to The Kennywood Entertainment Company. Kennywood was in turn bought by Parques Reunidos the following year. In 2009, it was placed under Parques Reunidos American division, Palace Entertainment.
Space Fantasy, later renamed Voyage To The Moon, officially opened in June 1983, and was the park's first dark ride. By the mid-1990s, the high maintenance costs and low capacity of the Voyage To The Moon led to consideration of alternative uses for the domed structure. The dome was converted to Professor Bigglestep's Loopy Lab, an indoor playground, during the winter of 1998/1999.
Story Land Categories
Story Land has areas and rides based on nursery rhymes, fairy tales, and other fantasy stories. Children can meet and interact with several of their favorite story characters.
Other Story Land Resources