Pioneer Courthouse Square
701 SW 6th Avenue
Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, 97205
Pioneer Courthouse Square, also known as Portland's living room, opened in 1984, the square is bounded by Southwest Morrison Street on the north, Southwest 6th Avenue on the east, Southwest Yamhill Street on the south, and Southwest Broadway on the west.
The square is named after the Pioneer Courthouse, an 1875 federal building occupying the block directly east of the square.
The square opened on April 6, 1984, with an inaugural celebration that attracted more than 10,000 people. The square is owned by the city of Portland and is a city park.
Pioneer Courthouse Square Categories