Nagle Warren Mansion
222 E. 17th Street
Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming
Nagle Warren Mansion, also known as Cheyenne YWCA Building, is former residence and YWCA with three buildings located in Cheyenne. The mansion was built as a residence in 1888 by Erasmus Nagle.
Nagle died in 1890 and his wife Emma and son George lived there until 1907. Emma then rented the mansion to General George Randall from 1907 until 1910.
Senator and former Wyoming Governor Francis E. Warren and his second wife, Clara LaBarron Morgan, bought the house in April 1910, and their dining room received such guests as Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.
The Senator died in 1929, and Clara gave the mansion to the YWCA. Don and Barbara Sullivan began living there with their children in 1985, when they bought the residence. Jim Osterfoss bought it in 1997, restored it, and turned it into the B&B that it now is.
The residence was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 12, 1976.
Nagle Warren Mansion Categories
Other Nagle Warren Mansion Resources