Landmark: United States Logo

Detroit Historical Museum

5401 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, 48202

Detroit Historical Museum
Photo: Michael Barera License: CC BY-SA 4.0
The Detroit Historical Museum chronicles the history of the Detroit area from cobblestone streets, 19th century stores, the auto assembly line, toy trains, fur trading from the 18th century, and much more.
Attorney and historian Clarence M. Burton donated his collections to the Detroit Public Library in 1914, leading to the development of the Detroit Historical Museum. On July 24, 1951, the 250th anniversary of Detroit's founding by Antoine Laumet de la Mothe Cadillac, the new museum was dedicated in an elaborate ceremony.

Detroit Historical Museum Categories


Other Detroit Historical Museum Resources

Map of the Area Around
Detroit Historical Museum

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU