Landmark: United States Logo

Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church

326 Fifth Street
Juneau, Alaska, 99802

Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
Photo: License: CC0 1.0
The St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church in Juneau, Alaska was built in 1893. It is now under Diocese of Alaska of the Orthodox Church in America.
The Orthodox Church became strongly established here through the efforts of the local Tlingit leaders. In 1890, the Taku leader Anathahash traveled to Sitka to be baptized into the Orthodox faith.

The Holy Scriptures and much of the Divine Liturgy had been translated into Tlingit by St. Innocent (Veniaminov) during his years as a priest in Sitka (1834–40) and later as Bishop of Alaska (1842–1850).

Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church Categories


Other Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church Resources

Map of the Area Around
Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU