Landmark: United States Logo

St. Andrew's Cathedral

305 E. Capitol Street
Jackson, Hinds County, Mississippi, 39201

St. Andrew's Episcopal Cathedral in Jackson, Mississippi (United States).
Photo: Michael Barera License: CC BY-SA 4.0
St. Andrew's Cathedral is an Episcopal cathedral located in Jackson, Mississippi. It is the seat of the Diocese of Mississippi. St. Andrew's is the third church to serve as the diocesan cathedral.
St. Andrew's, which grew to become the largest parish in the diocese, was elevated to be the cathedral on January 19, 1966. It became the third church in the diocese to serve this purpose.

St. Andrew’s Cathedral was designed in the Gothic Revival style. When it was built the roof featured a gable in the middle of each side with elaborate trim, which was typical of the late Victorian period. After a fire in 1930 they were simplified.

The marble altar, bronze winged angel, and pulpit were given as memorials. The pews all have a trefoil carved in the end that represent the Trinity. The X-shaped cross, or saltire, that is found in several places in the cathedral is the emblem of St. Andrew.

St. Andrew's Cathedral Categories


Other St. Andrew's Cathedral Resources

Map of the Area Around
St. Andrew's Cathedral

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU