University of Nebraska–Lincoln
1400 R Street
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, 68588
Photo: Brian Kell License: Public Domain
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is a public land-grant research university in Lincoln, Nebraska. It is the state's oldest university and the flagship institution of the University of Nebraska system.
The state legislature chartered the university in 1869 as a land-grant university under the 1862 Morrill Act, two years after Nebraska became a state.
The university is organized into eight colleges on two campuses in Lincoln with over 100 classroom buildings and research facilities.
About 78 percent of NU's students are from Nebraska, but the remaining 22 percent is made up of students from all forty-nine other states and 114 foreign countries.
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Categories
Other University of Nebraska–Lincoln Resources