Thomas P. Kennard House
1627 H Street
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, 68501
The Thomas P. Kennard House, also known as the Nebraska Statehood Memorial, is the oldest remaining building in the original plat of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Built in 1869, the Italianate house belonged to Thomas P. Kennard, the first Secretary of State for Nebraska, and one of three men who picked the Lincoln site for the new state's capital in 1867. The house was designed by architect John Keys Winchell of Chicago.
The house is a 2 1⁄2-story stuccoed brick building with a frame cupola on the shallow-pitched hip roof. The house was extensively altered inside and out before its designation as a memorial and required major restoration work to return its appearance to its original state.
Thomas P. Kennard House Categories
Other Thomas P. Kennard House Resources