North Dakota State Library
604 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, Burleigh County, North Dakota
The North Dakota State Library is a government operated library in the U.S. state of North Dakota. Located in the state's capital city of Bismarck on the capital grounds, the library has been in operation since 1907.
It occupied a single room in the North Dakota State Capitol building. In 1909, the library's name was changed to the State Library Commission. In 1936, the library moved to the Liberty Memorial Building on the Capitol Grounds, which is where it remained until 1970. At that point, the library moved this time to the Randal Building north of the city. The agency's name was changed to the North Dakota State Library in 1979, which is still its name today.
In 1982, the State Library returned to the Liberty Memorial Building, its present location.
The Liberty Memorial Building was completed in 1924, and is the oldest building still standing on the capitol grounds.
North Dakota State Library Categories
Other North Dakota State Library Resources