50 W Broad Street
Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio, 43215
The LeVeque Tower is a 47-story skyscraper in Downtown Columbus, Ohio. At 555 feet 5 inches (169.29 m) it was the tallest building in the city from its completion in 1927 to 1974, and remains the second-tallest today.
Designed by C. Howard Crane, the 353,768 square feet (32,866.1 m2) art moderne skyscraper was opened as the American Insurance Union Citadel in 1927 and at the time was the fifth tallest building in the world. The tower's design incorporated ornate ornamentation and a terracotta facade, and it was designed with 600 hotel rooms in two wings as well as an attached performance venue, the Palace Theatre.
After American Insurance Union went bankrupt in the Great Depression, the tower was renamed the Lincoln-LeVeque Tower in 1946, and later the LeVeque Tower in 1977.
Over the course of its history, the tower changed hands several times before being sold to a group of real estate investors in 2011. The current owners subsequently converted it into a mixed-use development including a hotel, apartments, condominiums, offices and a restaurant.
LeVeque Tower Categories
Other LeVeque Tower Resources