Dauphin County Courthouse
Front and Market Streets
Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 17101
The Dauphin County Courthouse is a government building of Dauphin County located in the county seat, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 2, 1993.
The current building is the third county courthouse built in Dauphin County. The first courthouse was built in 1792 at Market and Court Streets. The first courthouse was removed in 1860 and the second was built in its location. The second building was removed in 1948. Plans were drawn up for a new courthouse in 1938 due to complaints about the deteriorating conditions of the building.
The current courthouse was designed in 1940 by the Harrisburg architectural firm Lawrie and Green. It was completed in 1942.
Dauphin County Courthouse Categories