Landmark: United States Logo

Embassy Theatre

125 West Jefferson Blvd.
Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, 46802

Embassy Theatre in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Photo: Cliff License: CC BY-SA 2.0
The Embassy Theatre (formerly the Emboyd Theatre) is a 2,471-seat performing arts theater in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was built in 1928 as a movie palace and today it is the home of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra.
The theatre has been known by its current name since 1952. Attached to the Embassy Theatre to the west is the seven-story Indiana Hotel. The theatre features a 1,100-pipe Page theater organ, which was restored between 1976 and 1996.

In 1975, the theater was reopened as a performing arts center. Since its reopening, the theatre has primarily been used for concerts, Broadway shows, symphonies, family shows, and other events.

The stage, which contains a red sequined velour main curtain, was expanded in 1995 to its current size of 44′7″ by 54 feet. The Indiana Hotel lobby and mezzanine were also restored at this time. A new marquee was added to the front façade in 2005 as well as curbside improvements.

Embassy Theatre Categories


Other Embassy Theatre Resources

Map of the Area Around
Embassy Theatre

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU