2310 Montana Avenue
Billings, Yellowstone County, Montana, 59101
Built in 1882, Billings Station is a historic train depot in the Historic District of downtown Billings, Montana.
The depot was constructed to serve as a passenger station for the Northern Pacific Railway, Great Northern and Chicago, Burlington and Quincy. All three railroad merged to form the Burlington Northern Railroad in 1970, along with the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway. In 1971 Amtrak took over passenger service throughout the country.
The station has been a contributing property on the Billings Historic District since 1978, listed as the Northern Pacific Depot. The last regular Amtrak train, the North Coast Hiawatha, departed in October 1979.
Today, the depot has been renovated into a popular events center.
Billings Station Categories
Other Billings Station Resources