6005 Underwood Avenue
Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, 68132
Memorial Park is a park located near the Dundee neighborhood of Omaha, Nebraska. The park was created as a memorial for all of the men and women from Douglas County who have served in the armed forces.
On June 5, 1948 President Harry S. Truman dedicated the site. In 1959 the Omaha Rose Society added a rose garden, and in 1990 Woodmen of the World added flagpoles and flags along the driveway coming into memorial park. A pedestrian bridge over Dodge Street called the Memorial Park Pedestrian Bridge was completed in 1968.
At Memorial Park, there are over 1,000 rose bushes.
Memorial Park Categories