427 S Boston Avenue #103
Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, 74103
The Philtower Building is a historic building located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is an example of neo-gothic and art deco architecture.
Completed in 1928, it was designed by Edward Buehler Delk and financed by renowned oilman and dedicated philanthropist Waite Phillips (1883–1964).
In 1941, Phillips deeded the Philtower Building to the Boy Scouts of America, along with most of his Philmont Ranch and Villa Philmonte. The income from the building was used to help support Philmont. In 1977, the BSA sold the Building to a group of local investors. This group, The Philtower LLC, is the current owner.
According to the Tulsa Preservation Commission, the building represents the Gothic Revival architecture style. A notable feature is the illuminated, sloping tiled roof. The office on the 21st floor that was used by Waite Phillips has been preserved.
Originally built as a high-rise office building, floors 12–20 were converted to loft apartments in 2004, making the Philtower Tulsa's first mixed use high-rise. The building has 24 floors and is 323 feet tall.
Philtower Building Categories
Other Philtower Building Resources