Landmark: United States Logo

BYU Museum of Paleontology

1683 N Canyon Road
Provo, Utah County, Utah, 84604

Museum of Paleontology at Brigham Young University
Photo: License: CC0 1.0
The Brigham Young University Museum of Paleontology was started in 1976 around the collection of James A. Jensen.
For many years, it was known as the BYU Earth Science Museum and most of the collection was in storage under the LaVell Edwards Stadium.

In October 2009, the museum held a grand opening of its new facilities during BYU homecoming week. With the 5,000-square-foot (460 m2) addition, it now displays most of the collection. The change of name clarifies that the museum actually houses a large collection of dinosaur bones and other fossils.

Its main purpose is to facilitate research, but it is open to the public.

BYU Museum of Paleontology Categories


Other BYU Museum of Paleontology Resources

Map of the Area Around
BYU Museum of Paleontology

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU