901 Railroad Street NW
Decatur, Morgan County, Alabama, 35601
The Dancy–Polk House (also known as the Col. Francis Dancy House) is a historic residence in Decatur, Alabama.
The house was built in 1829 for Colonel William Francis Dancy, an early settler in the area, who later moved to Franklin, LA. It is the oldest building in Decatur, and one of only four to survive the Civil War.
Dancy came to North Alabama from southern Virginia, and built a Georgian house popular in his homeland. The two-story frame house has a double-height portico with four Doric columns on each level.
Dancy-Polk House Categories
Other Dancy-Polk House Resources