St. Paul's Episcopal Church
210 Lauderdale Street
Selma, Dallas County, Alabama, 36701
St. Paul's Episcopal Church is an historic red brick Gothic Revival church in Selma, Dallas County, Alabama.
The parish was established in 1838 and its original sanctuary building was burned on April 2, 1865 during the Battle of Selma, with credit for that act going to Union General James H. Wilson. The current building was designed by the famous New York City architectural firm of Richard Upjohn and was completed in 1875.
The interior features several Tiffany stained glass windows designed by parishioner and Selma native, Clara Weaver Parrish, who was a noted artist who worked for Tiffany Studios in New York.
St. Paul's Episcopal Church Categories
Other St. Paul's Episcopal Church Resources