Tippecanoe Battlefield Park
200 Battleground Avenue
Battle Ground, Tippecanoe County, Indiana, 47920
The Tippecanoe Battlefield Park preserves the location of the Battle of Tippecanoe fought on November 7, 1811. The park is operated by the Tippecanoe County Park Board and the Battlefield Museum is operated by the Tippecanoe County Historical Society.
The United States military was led by Governor of the Indiana Territory William Henry Harrison. Harrison would acquire the nickname "Tippecanoe," which was used in the slogan and song "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" when he successfully ran for president in 1840.
Tippecanoe Battlefield Park Categories
Tippecanoe Battlefield Park is home to a monument dedicated to the battle fought there on November 7, 1811 between U.S. forces and a group of Native Americans lead by the Shawnee leader Tecumseh. There is also a museum on the grounds.
Tippecanoe Battlefield Park was designated a National Historical Landmark in 1960. The park was the location of a battle between U.S. forces and Native Americans, who were opposed to U.S. expansion into their territory.
Other Tippecanoe Battlefield Park Resources