Charleston, Charleston County, south carolina
The Gov. William Aiken House is a home built in 1820 at 48 Elizabeth Street in Charleston, South Carolina. It was a home of William Aiken, Jr., a governor of South Carolina, and before that was a home of his father, the railroad company owner William Aike
Greenville, south carolina, 29601
The Bon Secours Wellness Arena (formerly the Bi-Lo Center) is an arena located in downtown Greenville, South Carolina that is used for concerts, football, and hockey. Due to the length of the official name, the arena is popularly known as "The Well".
Columbia, south carolina, 29201
The exterior of the new Columbia Museum of Art building, although contemporary in style, preserves earlier appearance through the use of brick veneer and the entrance portico of the institution's Taylor House past.
Charleston, south carolina
The fort was named after General Thomas Sumter, a hero of the American Revolution. On April 12, 1861, at 4:30 a.m., Confederate batteries opened fire on the fort, which started the American Civil War.
Sesquicentennial State Park is a state park in the Sandhills region of South Carolina. Located in the suburbs of the state capital, Columbia, Sesquicentennial State Park's 1,419 acres (5.74 km2) include a 30-acre (120,000 m2) lake.
Charleston, Charleston County, south carolina, 29401
The South Carolina Aquarium, located in Charleston, South Carolina, opened on May 19, 2000, on the historic Charleston Harbor. It is home to more than ten thousand plants and animals.
Columbia, south carolina
The South Carolina State House is the building housing the government of the U.S. state of South Carolina. The building houses General Assembly and the offices of the Governor.
Bamberg County, south carolina
William Gilmore Simms Estate is nationally notable as the home for many years of author William Gilmore Simms (1806-1870), considered one of the leading literary voices of the antebellum Southern United State.
Postal Code: SC
Capital City: Columbia
Became a State: May 23, 1788
Area: 32,020.49 miles2 (82,933.15 km2)