Landmark: United States Logo

Fort Toulouse Fort Jackson

4 miles southwest of Wetumpka
Elmore County, Alabama

Fort Toulouse
Photo: License: 2
The fort was first established in 1717 by the French to counter the growing influence of the British colonies of Georgia and Carolina. It was named for Louis-Alexandre de Bourbon, comte de Toulouse. Fort Jackson was later built on the site.

Fort Toulouse Fort Jackson Categories


Other Fort Toulouse Fort Jackson Resources

Map of the Area Around
Fort Toulouse Fort Jackson


Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU