Montgomery, Montgomery County, Alabama, 36130
Completed in 1851, the building was called the Capitol of the Confederacy and it was the site where Jefferson Davis was sworn in as the President of the Confederacy on February 18, 1861.
Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, 35209
At 56 foot (17 m) tall, the Vulcan statue is the largest cast iron statue in the world. It is the largest statue ever constructed in the United States. It is the second-largest statue standing in the United States behind the Statue of Liberty.
Tuscumbia, Colbert County, Alabama, 35674
Ivy Green is the name for the childhood home of Helen Keller. The house was built in 1820 and is a simple white clapboard house. The actual well pump where Helen Keller first communicated with Anne Sullivan is located at Ivy Green.
Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, 35203
Opened in November of 1992, Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is a large interpretive museum and research center that depicts the struggles of the American Civil Rights Movement in the 1950s and 1960s.
Tuscaloosa, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, 35487
Founded in 1831, UA is the flagship school of the University of Alabama System. Its athletic teams are nicknamed the "Crimson Tide" because crimson is one of the school colors. UA is composed of a campus of approximately 1,000 acres (4 km²).
Gasque, Baldwin County, Alabama
The post was named in honor of Revolutionary War hero Daniel Morgan. Construction was completed in 1834 and it was first garrisoned in March of that year. In 2007, it was listed as "one of the nation's 10 most endangered battle sites."
Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama, 36330
The city erected the statue because the destruction of the cotton crop led to agricultural diversity and more prosperity than had ever come from cotton alone. It is said to be the only statue to an insect pest in the world.
Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama
Named for John Hollis Bankhead, an Alabama politician and U.S. Senator, the tunnel was built in sections and floated to the proper positions, then sunk. It opened to the public on February 20, 1941.
Demopolis, Marengo County, Alabama, 36732
Gaineswood is one of the most significant remaining examples of Greek Revival architecture in Alabama. The house and grounds are currently operated by the Alabama Historical Commission as a historic house museum.