Naamans Rd & Philadelphia Pike
Claymont, New Castle County, Delaware, 19703
Photo: License: 2
The Robinson House was built on the site of the original settlement on Naaman's Creek in 1723. George Washington, General Anthony Wayne, the Marquis de Lafayette, and "Light Horse" Harry Lee were all guests at the Robinson House.
Colonel Thomas Robinson was a famous leader in the American Revolutionary War. The Colonel inherited the home from his father, an Irish immigrant who purchased the house in 1740.
The Colonel's family sold the house in 1851, but by coincidence, another Robinson family bought the building in 1907.
The Robinson House is currently the home of the Claymont Historical Society, the Darley Society, and the Naamans Heritage Association.
Robinson House Categories
Other Robinson House Resources