Cathedral of Saint Helena
530 N Ewing St
Helena, Lewis and Clark County County, Montana, 59601
Photo: License: Public Domain
The Columbia Construction Company of New York began construction of the Cathedral in 1908; the cornerstone was laid on October 4 that year.
On November 8, 1914, the Catholic community of Helena gathered to celebrate Mass for the first time in the new church. The first funeral held in the Cathedral was that of Thomas Cruse, a benefactor, December 26, 1914. The Cathedral was not completed for another 10 years. In June 1924, the Cathedral was consecrated.
Cathedral of Saint Helena Categories
Other Cathedral of Saint Helena Resources