Landmark: United States Logo

Hennepin History Museum

2303 Third Avenue South
Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, 55404

Hennepin History Museum
Photo: McGhiever License: CC BY-SA 4.0
Hennepin History Museum is a museum dedicated to the history, people, and communities of Hennepin County, Minnesota.
The museum is located in the Whittier neighborhood of Minneapolis in the historic Christian Mansion, a historic home built in 1919.

The museum showcases a mixture of rotating exhibits relating to the history of Hennepin County.

The museum's library is open to the community and highlights the museum's archival collections. The library has reference materials such as city directories, photos of houses and buildings, maps, atlases, genealogical resources, city history files, business histories, and many other reference materials. A professional archivist is on site during library open hours to assist researchers.

About 40% of the museum's annual budget is funded by Hennepin County. The remaining 60% is funded by individual donors.

Hennepin History Museum Categories


Other Hennepin History Museum Resources

Map of the Area Around
Hennepin History Museum

Visit our sister site:
Landmark Earth Logo

MENU